Go ahead and jump onto me too.
Although I think these two are embarrassing themselves, they'll only continue to do so if they are called inbred.
I'm shocked at some of you.
Printable View
Go ahead and jump onto me too.
Although I think these two are embarrassing themselves, they'll only continue to do so if they are called inbred.
I'm shocked at some of you.
[ QUOTE ]
Go ahead and jump onto me too.
[/ QUOTE ]
Where from my previous post would you even derive that i would do that? Honestly?
It's not my fault that this cousin couple are ignorant racists.
This is not directed at any one person in particular, but I have a bone to pick with a bunch of you.
Forgive me for stating the obvious here, but I think you will see my point in the end. Almost all of you people on here are no doubt proud to be Americans. Most of you would be the first to be thankful that we have the Bill of Rights in which the First Amendment gives us the right to Freedom of Speech, Religion, Press, etc. At this point I'd like to thank Indian_Dad for the comment earlier about "good men died to give her the right to her opinion."
Everyone has an opinion, and everyone thankfully has the right to state their opinion. Here's the rub though.. most people don't want to hear someone else's opinion that they disagree with. I don't, and it's obvious that most of you don't. But put yourself on the other side of the fence for a moment. I don't like your opinions, and I may argue hotly with you about them. But yet I can respect your right to have them, and if you want to post them here then that is your concern. But just because I don't like your opinions does not give me the right to try and dig up your personal life or to try and label you with some stereotype or to spout profanity at you.
If you can't accept that freedom of speech and freedom of opinion extend to other people besides yourself, then you might be better off as the dictator of a police state wherein you can make everyone agree with you. The hardest part of freedom is realizing that other people have it too, whether you like what they have to say or not. For example if a group of neo-Nazis or the K-K-K want to have a rally, then they bloody well have the right to do it, whether you like it or not.
Because I was agreeing with Chubz.
Well, thanks for making an ASSumption, because nothing would have been said.
[ QUOTE ]
I know that I'm probably going to be chewed out because of this message,
[/ QUOTE ] That was by Chubz. And I was saying I was with Chubz that we're probably gonna get chewed out.
But really, some of you are behaving pretty immature. Come on. I know this couple is having racism issues. But do some of you have to start calling them cousin couple and what not? Seriously. We did that crap in 5th grade.
[ QUOTE ]
Hire people because they are qualified; not because their ancestors were slaves on a plantation.
[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to see how many actually had ancestors that were slaves. I would bet the percentage would be extremely low in the 5-10% range.
[ QUOTE ]
NOw really, I have nothing against blacks, but I hate the attitudes of some of them
[/ QUOTE ]
Let's add:
Plenty of whites have crappy "I'm owed everything" attitudes.
Plenty of Asians have crappy "I'm owed everything" attitudes.
Plenty of Hispanics have crappy "I'm owed everything" attitudes.
conversely:
Plenty of blacks have great attitudes.
Plenty of whites have great attitudes.
Plenty of Asians have great attitudes.
Plenty of Hispanics have great attitudes.
Why pick out just one race to say "I dont like some of their attitudes." All races have people that are good and people that are bad and people in the middle.
I can think of whats going on in the news recently as an example. I'm going to pick on whites. They must be an awful bunch. What about that guy up north that murdered and dismembered his wife - he's white. What about that English guy that killed his wife and daughter and fled - he's white. The men involved in the Walter Reed scandal - those responsible for the care of our veterans - they're white. A large (majority?) percentage of those arrested in the recent drug busts locally are white. A large percentage of the notorious serial killers (think Dahmer) of past and present are white.
I couldn't even begin to count how many whites across the US are trying to get on the disability bandwagon (without being disabled) for free rides.
I know there are other examples of others races in the news too. This is just an example that your own race ("your" in the collective sense) is far from perfect.
i replied to elp6n but these quotes come from trumpet.
[ QUOTE ]
While I'm 90% conservative and do not under any circumstances agree with slavery, you're right. If that were me, I'd rather be a slave in America than still be in some place in Tanzania avoiding a lion or in South AFrica with the AIDs epidemic going on.
[/ QUOTE ] Ridiculous- yea all of Africa's people are hiding from lions. And I guess you are saying if our ancestors hadn't brought them over they never would have made it to America or any other place besides Africa on their own? And would you seriously rather be owned by someone then have freedom? I'm sure there were some slave owners who treated their slaves well, but not all of them were. Yea you may have a roof over your head, but not much else. If it had been white people enslaved you would nto be saying half of what you have been saying. And what does conservative or liberal have to do with it anyway?
[ QUOTE ]
On my way back to Berea on a Greyhound bus tonight I was sitting in front of a couple of black people and one was complaining about a hotel not having BET on the TVs in the rooms sayin "yeah we black people be needin' dat entertainment", giving the black people even more of the stereotype of wanting to be bowed down to. NOw really, I have nothing against blacks, but I hate the attitudes of some of them. We get that black people were once oppressed and that there is still racism. That isn't going to stop it. And this isn't news but there's at least one group I know of in US
History that got the shaft, has been getting the shaft, and still gets the shaft ever since the beginning of the US. Which group is that? The Natives.
[/ QUOTE ]
Did it occur to you that maybe the gentlemen were joking with each other about having to have BET? It doesn't sound like to me they wanted to be "bowed down" to. They just wanted that channel. I'd probably complain for a second or two if a hotel doesn't have a channel i like to watch. I don't expect anything from it. From all your posts you seem to think that all black people think they are entitled. How many black people do you personally know? I don't mean you sit beside them in class- i mean how many do you really personally know? How many black kids were at PV with you? Did they have this attitud? Because i personally don't know any who bash on the white people or think they are "entitled" to something because their ancestors were slaves.
I'm not going to get into the Native American stuff. Yes you are right- they haev been treated just as badly. BUT after slavery ended African-Americans still had it bad. They weren't treated with respect or dignity or given some of our basic rights (like voting). Sure there was an amendment granting them the right to vote, but most of the time they were prevented from doing so. Heck the white people wouldn't even let them go to the same school! I understand what you are trying to say but i have to agree with elp6n- a lot of white people have the same kinds of attitude.
[ QUOTE ]
constantly giving blacks their way, etc. is going way too far.
[/ QUOTE ] any examples?
I agree with elp6n's post above. A lot of white people have the attitude that they are entitled to everything. Read some of this forum and you can see it. You can't stereotype an entire race because a few people have that attitude.
I'm done with this thread. I think it was great we apologized- it's time to move on. Not one of you are impacted in anyway by our commonwealth apologizing. Someone is being a good person and apologizing for past misdeeds. That's exactly what you would expect from someone who wronged you.
Show me where I said "all".